Professional and Leadership Development is a central priority for Delta Teaching School Alliance. Our Alliance delivers and maintains excellence, working with key partners to ensure that all CPD programmes are driven forward with a holistic and collaborative approach. We strongly believe that excellence in the quality of teaching and leadership leads to excellence in education for children.
Leadership Development – National Professional Qualifications
We are delighted to be part of the Ambition NPQ Alliance, delivering National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) in partnership with Ambition Institute, the graduate school for teachers, school leaders and system leaders. This national alliance brings together over 50 multi-academy trusts, teaching school alliances and schools. The Alliance’s experienced facilitators deliver NPQs, tailoring programme content to meet local challenges and each leader’s development needs. Working together to test, learn and innovate – the Alliance supports the education system to do everything it takes to raise the aspirations and attainment of every child, no matter what their background. Delta’s outward looking approach ensures a clear overview of current practice, developing and delivering leadership programmes that instil confidence and equip participants with the skills and attributes required for success.
We design, manage and deliver a bespoke NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH offer around the core NPQ curricula, content and resources that Ambition Institute provides. Ambition Institute also provides facilitator training and quality assurance to help us deliver the best possible development to participants. Ambition Institute, as the accredited licence holder, is also responsible for the assessment of all NPQ submissions.
You can find out more about Ambition Institute, the Alliance and its outcomes by visiting their website
We work closely with Ambition Institute to ensure our offer meets all the requirements and metrics as set out by the Department for Education in the NPQ Quality Framework and the NPQ Content and Assessment Framework.
We deliver the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML), National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) and National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH), in partnership with Ambition Institute.
Each NPQ – regardless of level – covers seven leadership behaviours and six competencies:
- Personal drive
- Strategy and Improvement
- Leading with Impact
- Teaching and Curriculum Excellence
- Managing Resources and Risk
- Working in Partnership
- Building Capacity
In order to complete your chosen NPQ you will be required to:
- Attend all training sessions and any other requirements set out by the provider.
- Complete an in-school project and submit a write-up of this project (showing how, through completion of this project, you have evidenced the required competencies and behaviours).
- This project must last for at least two terms.
- The NPQML and NPQSL require completion of one project only, whilst the NPQH requires the completion of two projects.
- For the NPQH one of these projects must be completed over a nine-day placement in a contrasting school.
- You must submit your write-up and all evidence within 18 months of the start of your programme.
Please see the NPQ Content and Assessment Framework for more detail about your chosen NPQ, including assignments and placements.
To support you in the completion of your chosen NPQ our offer includes as standard:
- Expert-designed curriculum, content and resources which align to the required leadership behaviours and competencies, provided by Ambition Institute
- Minimum 18 hours of face-to-face, facilitated training delivered over at least two terms (but no more than 18 months)
- Two 360° reviews (at the beginning and end of the programme)
- Option of a Viva
- A network of peers and relevant experts
- Assessment support and full assessment of your final submission
- Trained and quality assured facilitators of whom at least 50% are serving school leaders
To register interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org