What we offer
What we offer
To support the development of our trainees we will provide experience training within Academies from across our Alliance.
As part of the training you:
- Are supported by outstanding teachers, have a school-based mentor and an academic tutor from Sheffield Hallam University who will be an expert specialist in the field. All of these will be dedicated to your development towards becoming a high quality reflective practitioner.
- Gain a PGCE which includes qualified teacher status (QTS) and can be used as the first third of a Masters degree if you wish to continue with this accredited professional development in the early part of your career.
- Benefit from high quality practical sessions with other trainees across Delta Academies Trust to develop your knowledge and application of effective strategies that underpin progress in the classroom. We will utilise outstanding teachers and school leaders to facilitate taught sessions, ensuring you learn from those who are current practitioners.
- Benefit from university led sessions with other PGCE students from across the region where research informed theory and practice will be shared and critiqued.
- We will also provide support through our Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) who are designated practitioners with national recognition for their expertise.
Why train to teach with Delta?
All of the academies in our trust are like-minded, forward-thinking and believe that Initial Teacher Training (ITT) is an important and integral feature of Education. We are dedicated to recruiting and nurturing outstanding teachers and thereby investing in the lives and learning of pupils in and around the Yorkshire and Humberside regions. As a trust we understand the importance of collaborative practice so we have joined forces to ensure our ITT gives opportunity to work with a wealth of experts, specialists and outstanding practitioners. Together, we can offer a large variety of schools and settings who are all ready to share high quality and insightful practice.
We understand the challenges that come with training to teach and are experience in dealing with every kind of issue you may face during your entry into the teaching profession. As a new teacher training cohort you will experience a number of new challenges together that we will support you in facing in a professional manner. We recognise the importance of emotional resilience and positive well-being play in academic achievement and will support you in developing these skills.
Training which gives you the chance to learn ‘on the job’ in a school. You work as part of the teaching team from day one. Your training doesn’t just stop after your first year, Delta has a comprehensive CPD programme which continues throughout your career all the way up to senior leadership.
Ethos – partnership, high aspirations, challenge, quality are all key beliefs and messages Delta academies promote. Delta encourage these qualities amongst all teachers throughout their career with Delta Academies Trust.
Academic achievement. All our trainees who have completed their training with Delta Academies Trust on School Direct have achieved a PGCE and QTS as well as securing employment either with Delta Academies Trust or externally once their training had finished.
Children are the most important part of Delta Academies Trust. Our training programme ensures children are at the heart of everything we do. Delta's School Direct training programme is continually quality assured to make sure the highest standards are met, maintaining children’s educational interests at all times.
Help and support is always at hand when working in Delta Academies Trust either on our training programme or as a qualified teacher. Whatever your query or question there is a wealth of experienced colleagues nearby ready to help.
Please see our FAQ page for answers to commonly asked questions.